Global Game Industry News Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Transitioning the Blog...

I've slowly begun the process of moving my blogging efforts to a centralized location, and also one which I control a bit more. I recently developed a bit of a complex relating to my blogging and identity management activities, especially as it relates to sites like this, which are great for many reasons, but also complicated from a data-management standpoint.

I've been using this Blogger/Blogspot site for a long time, and have accumulated quite a bit of data, thoughts, comments, etc. I would like to retain it, but I haven't figured out how precisely to transition all of that information to the new site.

So, if you're a follower of this blog, you can expect to see posts from time to time, but I am planning to really migrate to my new site, at caseyodonnell.org. I decided this summer that it was time to bite the bullet and move to a hosting service that gave me greater control and more server-side capabilities than I had with my .Mac/.Me site. It wasn't that I didn't like the site, but that the capabilities of it didn't allow me to do things like using Wordpress or other content management systems to manage all of my activities. Thus I resorted to using things like Blogger/Blogspot rather than going whole-hog and doing the hosting thing.

Now I have. I hope anyone who liked what I wrote about (or at least found it interesting) will follow me on over to "Shambling, Rambling, Babbling." Though it may contain other more personal items, it will continue to house reflections on the global videogame industry.

C-out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home