Global Game Industry News Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

IGDA Article on QoL in a Global Game Industry Live

My recent IGDA article on Quality of Life in a global game industry is now live on the IGDA website. We'll see if anyone notices. :) I try.

Quality of Life in a Global Game Industry
The rise of game development studios across the globe and the increased use of offshore and inshore outsourcing could have developers feeling like they are losing leverage in making arguments for good quality of life practices. But, does globalization and the ability to outsource work really abdicate the need for quality of life both at home or abroad?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I really have nothing do with the specifics of the subject of the article. Article is interesting... I do believe in protecting the individuals and organizations involved when putting any quotes in any articles when written.

    You certainly did that in the first place, by stating in your article ..... "The following is an excerpt from a web forum posting in China, which has since been taken down. In the interest of protecting the individuals and organizations involved, identifying aspects have been removed:

    This is a guy come from [location] studio. In this studio we over time
    every day.".....

    But I don't understand why you put a link JUST AFTER saying that.... "These situations only get more complicated as the industry globalizes (eg, another current --LINK --) The link that does not protect people or company...

    To me this coming from a reputed university's PHd student is unacceptable behaviour??? What kind of journalism is this????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/13/2007 06:07:00 PM  

  • Actually...

    I didn't have that link in there prior to it's posting on the IGDA website. I actually just went back to what I sent to the IGDA and it definitely isn't in there.

    I'm not going to respond to your use of "???" or the tone in the later part of your note. I actually specifically did not not the recent Dhruvite postings in my original article.

    By Blogger Casey, at 4/18/2007 09:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home